Cardiorespiratory physiotherapy specialises in the prevention, rehabilitation and compensation of people suffering from diseases or injuries affecting the heart, chest and lungs. Treatments include:
- deep breathing and circulation exercises
- correct breathing techniques
- strategies to help you manage coughs and shortness of breath
- positioning for optimal lung expansion
- pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation
People who suffer (or have suffered from) from asthma, chronic bronchitis, pneumonia, emphysema, heart attack, hypertension or other conditions affecting the heart and lungs will benefit from this type of physiotherapy. If you’ve had heart or lung surgery, physiotherapy will also be able to assist you in your rehabilitation.