Otherwise known as orthopedic physiotherapy, treatments that fall under this category focus on restoring function to the musculoskeletal system, including all muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and bones.
Your physiotherapist will assess if these skeletal components are all working well together to ensure your body is moving at its optimum. Many injuries are as a result of the musculoskeletal system not working well as a whole.
Chronic pain, especially lower back pain are also caused by the musculoskeletal system being out of alignment in different areas. Our musculoskeletal treatments focus on:
- reducing pain
- increasing mobilisation
- treating soft tissue damage
- correcting skeletal alignment
What we treat
- Back / Neck problems: whiplash, disc bulge, trapped nerve and sciatica, disc degeneration and wear and tear, spinal spondylosis.
- Joint problems: arthritis, frozen shoulder, tennis and golfers elbow, cartilage, knee cruciate and meniscus tears, hip impingement and labral tears.
- Muscle and soft tissue injuries: tendonitis, ligament sprain, muscle tears and strains, overuse injuries and repetitive overuse injuries.
- Post fracture / surgical rehabilitation: to restore mobility, strength, proprioception, balance and function.